THE COTES DE BORDEAUX, HEART & SOUL
The Bordeaux appellation or AOC has nearly 111 200 hectares, 65 appellations and 6500 winegrowers. Additionally, it produces around 5.3 million hectolitres of wine. Certainly, Bordeaux is the largest appellation d’origine contrôlée vineyard in France. It offers one of the best wine tours in Bordeaux.
At the heart of this, is the jewel in the crown appellation, The Côtes de Bordeaux offers French Bordeaux Wine. Comparatively, the Cotes de Bordeaux Appellation has 950 producers, covering an area of more than 12 000 hectares. In addition, it produces around 500,000 hectolitres of wine each year. On average, 97% is red wine. Most importantly, Cotes de Bordeaux is made up of 6 appellations: Côtes de Bordeaux : Possibility of making blends, – Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux, Cadillac Côtes de Bordeaux, Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux, Francs Côtes de Bordeaux and Sainte-Foy Côtes de Bordeaux.
Bordeaux Wine Appellations:
Created in 2007, the Union des Côtes de Bordeaux has united the terroirs of Blaye, Cadillac, Castillon, Francs, and Sainte-Foy under a single banner. By doing this we have developed a collective, recognizable “brand” AOC Côtes de Bordeaux. More common technical specifications, such as visual identity and a family name are obligatory from the 2009 vintage. Our new appellation has, since its launch, tried to improve product recognition by putting the name of the terroir first. “Blaye, Cadillac, Castillon, Francs or Sainte-Foy” before the common family name “Côtes de Bordeaux”. Thereby, we promote the personality and typical character of each of the wines. This results in the best Bordeaux wine appellations.
Transverse “Côtes de Bordeaux” appellation was initially created for merchants. This allowed merchants to create branded wines thanks to blending wines from different terroirs. Overseas, this change has allowed easier identification of the geographical production zone “Bordeaux”. We are taking advantage of its fame while promoting the characteristic terroir of the “coteaux” or hillsides.
What Côtes de Bordeaux stands for?
Faced with increasing competition, Côtes de Bordeaux express their strength and their difference around a clear and consistent message. Bordeaux, Heart & Soul. Using our slogan and a visual to express to everyone what it means to choose a Côtes de Bordeaux wine.
Some fundamental elements of the DNA through which the Côtes de Bordeaux emerge:
- An origin: With the use of the Bordeaux bottle.
- Advantage: The hillsides, which are a reminder of the logo and dynamism of the Côtes.
- Modernity: Thanks to the clean-cut graphics.
- Sharing: With the ampersand, which is the link between the 4 regions of the Côtes de Bordeaux.
- Values: A slogan with multiple meanings.
- Above all, Côtes de Bordeaux is a union with strong historical roots, values, common characteristics and ambitions for the future.
A Côtes de Bordeaux is:
- Firstly, it is a wine with a history, but also with a stamp of modernity.
- Wine that leads the imagination to the heart of the hillsides, as well as around the history of a family.
- Also, it is a wine with a human face, personified by its ambassador, the winegrower.
- Made with passion, notably symbolizing the art and know-how of the growers.
- A real discovery, a “gem” to accompany wonderful moments of sharing and friendliness.
- Certainly, French red wine Bordeaux is a wine to let you indulge yourself.
- It is a round, structured wine, with good aging potential. However, it can be enjoyed without waiting or cellaring.
- You can open this wine on any occasion.
- A wine that you can enjoy yourself or offer to friends without going wrong.
- Invites you into the heart of a family that cares about its know-how.
Finally, a big thanks to our friends at http://www.bordeaux-cotes.com/